5 Reasons Chem Peels are Awesome
Often clients are intimidated by the term “chemical peel”. I mean, who wants the words “chemical” and “peel” associated with their face? We get it! But here’s the thing. Done properly by a well-educated, advanced aesthetician, they are AMAZING! And we can uniquely customize your peel treatment to your specific skin concern. Want to take it low and slow? Easy! Want to dive in and get aggressive with that problem? We can dial it up a notch. Here are the top 5 reasons we think you’ll fall in love with your skin when you follow our peel plan.
- Reverses the signs of aging. We love our “tox” (Xeomin, Botox) for stopping the wrinkle formation in its tracks, but what about the wrinkles that are already there? What about those age spots or uneven skin tone? We can use a peel to encourage cell turnover: getting rid of the top layer of dead skin (hence the word “peel”) to reveal brighter, more even skin beneath.
- Reduces the appearance of melasma (dark, discolored patches). We can’t get rid of it, but we can manage it. With a combination of peels, microneedling, even laser, coupled with a foundation of consistent skin care, we can greatly diminish the appearance of this chronic condition.
- Attacks that acne! Multiple studies have demonstrated 50–95% reduction in mild-to-moderate acne over 1–2 months after a properly applied peel (acne.org). This is a great tool in our toolbox for creating a comprehensive acne management plan for both teens and adults.
- Rosacea. Rosy cheeks are mostly cute on small kids and Santa. For adults with this issue, adding in a specialized peel just for sensitive, reddened skin can offer amazing results in quieting that unwanted inflammation.
- Unique to You. For just about any skin condition, a peel can be customized to enhance your aesthetic goals. Virtually everyone would benefit from a properly applied peel. A one-on-one consultation will be the first step to assess your skin and goals and then develop a treatment plan.
A few more common questions . . .
- Does it hurt? Nope! This is not a painful process. Two days after your treatment, light peeling/flaking like a sunburn may or may not occur.
- Will I look like a burn victim? There are extremely aggressive peels out there, often done by specialists or physicians for specific concerns. We do not do peels that require significant downtime. Our aesthetician will discuss with you the amount of redness you should expect after your treatment.
- Will my skin actually peel? Perhaps. The success of the peel isn’t gauged by the amount of “sheeting” or “sloughing” that typically begins 2–3 days post peel. It’s gauged by the finished result a couple weeks later.
- Will I only need one peel? Nope. Virtually nothing in aesthetics is a one and done. Typically, we encourage a series of 3 to see the desired results from your peel, so plan on 3 visits and good home care to see awesome results.